Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sugar Kiss Melon Salad

Inspired by TheKitchn's post on adding melons to salad (and having, conveniently, a yummy half of a sugar kiss melon on hand) I thought I'd try out a melon salad myself. I was going to just pick up some spicy arugula to go with it, but at the grocery store I saw some bouncy mint and basil, and thought I'd like a little extra zing to the simple salad.

Sugar Kiss Melon and Arugula Salad
(serves 5-6)

Ingredients


1/2 sugar kiss melon, seeds removed and cubed into 1-inch sections
1 cup mint
1 cup basil
4 cups arugula
1/4 cup mild blue cheese (I had Danish Blue on hand, but any other mild blue cheese would work)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt to taste

Directions

This is a super simple salad, and so refreshing and delicious! Whisk the balsamic and olive oil together. Chiffonade the basil and mint, toss together with the arugula and melon, dress with the balsamic and oil, and crumble the cheese on top. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt for that extra punch at the end. 

And relatedly, I was JUST expounding to D how a fork is quite ill-suited for salad eating - and voila, TheKitchn has read my mind. I must try eating my salad with chopsticks next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...